Wednesday, February 1, 2017

BAHAN MATA KULIAH ENGLISH FOR TOURISM (UNIT 4: HOLIDAY REP)



UNIT 4: HOLIDAY REP
Part. I
Take off
1.    From the pictures above, the activities that we have done with our friends are as follows:
-          Playing basketball with families and our friends in the basketball field and we were so happy there because with family, there were nothing else as fun as with our beloved family and friends.
-          Went to holiday and spent the times with families with visiting any tourism object there. And also with friends too, of course.
Part. II
Reading
1.    The job description that the holiday rep should have are as follows:
-          Have to be done once with each group of holidaymakers.
-          Have to be done once a day.
-          Have to be done several times during a holiday.
2.    “Seasonal” means an happening or events which is held during a particular period in the year.
3.    “Variable” means an happening, events, or activities which like to change in an often times.
Part. III
Language Spot
1.    Complete the sentence using avoid, don’t, have to, mustn’t, or should.
-          In hot weather, you should drink a lot of water and keep the sun off your head.
-          Don’t lying in the sun too long during the first few days of your holiday.
-          Don’t go swimming after eating a heavy meal or drinking alcohol.
-          You mustn’t jump or dive into the hotels swimming pools.
-          You have to put sunscreen on again after you have been swimming.
-          You have to tell the rep and the hotel staff if you are allergic to anything.
-          In less developed regions, avoid eating uncooked dairy products, vegetables, and salads.
2.    Advice about safety and security for visitors:
-          Please convert traveller’s cheques on a daily basis.
-          Don’t carry more case than you need.
-          You may come out of the sea if the lifeguards tell you to.
-          You have to know where the nearest fire exit is in your hotel.
-          You mustn’t open the door of your room to a person you don’t know.
-          You mustn’t carry a wallet in the back pocket of your trousers or jeans.
-          Don’t swim in the sea when the red flags are flying.
-          You have to use credit cards for larger purchases.
-          You mustn’t walk down on street late at night.
3.    The common problems for the tourist is doing adventure tourism, because the tourist guide sometimes finds a problem with the traveling and also with the adventure that they are doing. That is why, it is necessary to make a basic education to make and educate a good travel rep for doing adventure tourism.
Part. IV
Vocabulary
1.    I’m allergic to prawn.
2.    I’m dizzy right now.
3.    I’ve got a rash.
4.    I’ve got a sore throat.
5.    I feel sick
6.    I feel unwell
7.    It’s bruised
8.    It’s swollen
9.    I’m a little bit cough
10. I’ve got an upset stomach
11. I’ve got diabetic
12. I’ve got diarrhea
13. I’ve got sunburn
14. I’ve got toothache
15. I feel very hot
16. It’s bleeding
17. I’m fainted
Part V
Reading
1.    In Belgium, we should tip 10% for taxi and restaurants.
2.    In Czech Republic, we should tip 5% - 10% for taxi and restaurants.
3.    In Denmark, we shouldn’t tip for taxi and restaurants.
4.    In India, we should tip 10% for taxi and restaurants.
5.    In Japan, tipping is actually perceived as an insult.
Part. VI
Find Out
1.    Tipping in my area is not too expected from the local tourists or international tourists. Tipping in Parepare, my area is doing by a high-class tourists only, by giving their money to the bell-boy who accompany them to their hotel’s room or pick up the from the taxi. However, tipping is not an illegal activity in this case. People who are rich may give the tip to the bell-boy or a porter.
2.    Include to the are above, the people who necessary need to give a tip is they who are carry out our luggage bot not in the hotel area.
Part. VII
Writing
1.    Producing a leaflet tourists advice:
Save your holiday, having fun.
Travelling is one of a dreaming activity who everyone’s need in their whole life. Everyone needs travelling to refresh their mind and bring them back into the balance situation. However, there are several things we need to care about before doing some travelling. The first one is we need to pay attention with health and safety when sunbathing, do not contact your skin directly to the soon for long hours. We also have to care about safety in the see, do not swimming too far from the determined area. We also have to save our travelling and holiday and keep it safe from any criminals. Just having fun on your travelling.
Part. VIII
Next Stop
1.    The last time I eat out is around two weeks ago. I had a very nice meatball with my friends.
2.    I prefer eating local dishes when I eating out with my friends or my family because it has a special taste and furthermore, it usually cheaper than an outer dishes.
3.    As a local tourist, the nicest meal I’ve had were satay, a super nice meatball with extra chili and onion. It’s like a finest meal.
4.    The strangest food I’ve ever eaten on holiday is just like a noodle, but I don’t really know what its name and it has a very strange flavor that I ever taste before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give your positive comments.
Avoid offensive comments.
Thank you.